- It's gout.
- It's not gone yet. Still inflamed (but doesn't really hurt) so I am to take Ibuprofen.
- Doctor said that meant those crystals are still in there as long as there is inflammation.
- Told her about cherries.......well, cherry cobbler....she said the cherries are supposed to be fresh, not cooked. Whoops.
- Told her about the baking soda. She smiled. (Like oh, you little non-doctor you)
- Told her about meds killing my stomach. She said you are only supposed to take it until that happens...then stop. REaLlY? You think someone could have told me that?
- We will never know what triggered the gout but my blood work was fine.
- Well, most of my blood work. My cholesterol is high again. Please take Vytorin.
- Oh, and I have a bunion forming ....they saw that on the x-ray....that was a bonus!
- I waited over an hour to see the doctor so I talked like an auctioneer once she got in there.
- Good news? I'm alive. And have many blessings.
- Bad news? I'm aging. I need to diet and exercise. Wow. I didn't see that coming.
Lady Doctor in dark blue scrubs: ...and then this patient says she looked it up on the internet!
This is what doctors are really doing while you are waiting in the room for an hour.