Wednesday, June 2, 2010

These feet....





Here is a perfect circle of feet. This circle would not have been possible in August....a school year ago. But after months of growing and learning to read and write and walk in a line and listen to directions....these feet got in a perfect circle today when I asked them to. Ahh....just when we get these precious little feet trained to get into a perfect circle....we have to let them go. And in August we will start all over again. And that Mr. Business World Man is why we need the summer off. We must recharge our battery to start all over.


I am going to miss these feet that made friends.....

and grew.....


and played hard......


and skipped....


and acted big......


and were precious...


and were unique.....


and were silly......



and were tiny and shiny......


and sometimes stood still.......


and sometimes acted
very grown up......

and were sometimes a little mixed up.....


and were perfect......



even when untied......


....and were usually untied.....




unless they were tieless.....




and cool....




and had energy...




but mostly were untied.
And care-free.
Like a child.


Mostly, I'm going to miss
the children that
belonged to these feet.



5 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! You have got to be one of the most creative people I have ever met. Loved this blog, made me go ahhhhhhhhh, I'm gonna miss those sweet babies too. Thanks, Julia, for putting a smile on my face. Imagine that, a smile from looking at little feet and shoes. Who would have thunk it? :) Linda CCCCCCCCCCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me miss the feet that belong to the kids I just sent on ... sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it; it must tear you up every year to see them go. I know you can't wait for summer but I know it's hard for you to say good-bye too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet!!!!! Made me say Ahhhhh too!

    ReplyDelete