Friday, June 25, 2010

Remodeling

Yep....but this time I'm working on this blog site.  You may have noticed.  I'm trying to do it myself which means a lot of mistakes along the way.  Jordan is my consultant of all things blog and she is playing around with making me a new header.  So if you open this site up and it looks different everyday, know that you have just stepped into a construction zone. 

For those of you who don't have a blog.....start one.  If I can do this, you can do it...and probably a lot better.  I started out just signing up in Google so I could comment on blogs.  And here I am almost 4 years later and still at it.  I would give anything to have had this outlet when my kids were little.  I would love to have the stories written down that go with all the photos I have of them.  What are you waiting for? 

I know this is a very selfish...almost narcissistic thing to do.  You have way more to do than stop and read about my mundane life.  But I sure do appreciate you stopping by. If this blog is anything, it's my memory.  Or lack of memory.  When I document about a little project......it serves a huge purpose for me and maybe sometimes as an inspiration for one of you....or as a reminder that we're all in this world together.

I was never able to keep a journal...although I attempted to start one over and over.  But a blog is just a journal and for some reason, it's way more fun, much easier for me and has the ability to link your pictures to the words.  Works for me.

I can't tell you how many times I have scrolled through some old posts and until reading them, didn't even remember that happened.  Scary?  Yes.  But it could be happening to you, too.  You just don't REMEMBER! 

Start a blog.  And if I can, I will be glad to help you.  No question is too stupid for me.  Trust me.  I didn't know what a hyperlink was until I saw it on here.  Hyperlink sounds like a behavioral gene to me.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!! You are an amazing writer and this gives you an outlet for you gift! Hope you are having a wonderful summer. See you in a few short weeks!!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header-fab! And you are right about all the things you said about blogs...perfectly said.

    ReplyDelete