Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yummy Cholesterol

I found a recipe the other day when I was Blog Hopping. I copied and pasted it into Word and thought I would remember which blog I found it on....so I could give credit where credit is due. But guess what? I. Can't. Remember. So sorry if this was your recipe....but thank you, too. I tried out the recipe tonight and we thought it was yummy. So I'm putting it on here for y'all.
Ravioli Lasagna
1 lb. of ground meat or sausage
1 24 oz. jar of Pasta Sauce (I use Garden Combination Ragu)
1 - 6 oz. package of frozen chopped spinach thawed
1/2 cup of pesto (your own or I used store bought in a jar)
1 - 25 oz. package of frozen cheese filled ravioli (Do not thaw)
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
Preheat oven to 375'.
Cook beef/sausage over medium heat skillet.
Stir pasta sauce into meat.
Combine spinach with pesto in a bowl.
Spoon 1/2 cup of meat mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 casserole dish.
Top with 1/2 of spinach mixture.
Arrange half of ravioli in a single layer over spinach mixture.
Repeat layers once.
Top with remaining meat mixture.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes.
Uncover and bake an additional 20-25 minutes
for a total of 45-50 minutes or until bubbly in the center.
I enjoyed my cholesterol today.
POST SCRIPT: I just looked up Ravioli Lasagna on Bing and there are hundreds of variations of this recipe. So you might try looking up a few of those...for yourself. But this is the one I cooked and it was yummy. Looking forward to the leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. I'll try and make this sometime this week or next..sans meat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delish! I will add it to my to make list. I love that I can sneak in some veggies to the family!

    I hope you're enjoying your summer break.

    ReplyDelete