Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's hot outside.....






One of my all time favorite pics....circa 1991....
Chuck being hung on by all 3 kids.




Happy Father's Day to Chuck
.......and to my daddy and his
on the other side.
++++++++


It is extremely hot. If you live in Houston, that is one of the stupidest things to say, because you live in Houston....of course, it's hot. But the words just come out. It's hot.




So I hope you find a cool place to be today.





Oliver, the cat/dog, found his cool place to nap.


I believe in God. And I believe we are here to learn lessons. The school of life. But I'm starting to believe that the curriculum God uses is Karma. I have always hated cats. Always. For some reason, they just always seemed like creepy scary fangy nasty skanky little creatures....to me. Team Dog all the way.
Yet somehow there are 4 cats in my life. They are outside cats......2 acquired when the kids were little after much begging, pleading and me finally giving in.... and 2 are grandcats........acquired by adult children that I just ended up with to take care of.
And 3 out of the 4 outside cats come in the Dog Door.
grrrrrr.


Got it God. Say you "hate" something and


it will be placed into your life in plentiful abundance.




I hate being skinny.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hate being skinny too! And I would certainly hate to win the lottery.

    We are a 1 dog 2 cat family and somehow I managed to promise Emma this weekend that she can get a kitten when we move to our permanent house. What was I thinking?

    Love that picture. It looks like Will is trying to eat that water wing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, This photo is precious!
    Hope your having a wonderful relaxing summer. I really enjoy reading your blog it makes me smile and it makes me miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the new look. let me know if you want me to make you a header. i can make a simple one with cute black and pink text to match.

    thanks for taking care of charlie cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this picture..I actually remember this, too. And I love the one of Lollie :)

    ReplyDelete