Friday, December 31, 2010

Twelve Posts from the Past Twelve Months

Another year gets put to bed tonight. 
A brand new year wakes up with us tomorrow. 


There's something sad and yet cleansing about looking at it that way.  Sad because it seems so final and the year is gone whether we made the best of it or not.   Cleansing because new beginnings can bring about a fresh attitude or change for the better.  No resolutions for me this year...because I usually can't keep them past noon on January 1, but I am going to stay committed to making the best of each day.  Even on the worst of days, there is almost always something to be grateful for. 

Our family gained a "son" this year when our oldest daughter got married in March but we lost Chuck's father in April.  If that doesn't say take the good with the bad, I don't know what does. Balance.  Just try to balance. 

I've looked back through my posts over the last year and have chosen one for each month....some are highlights of the year, some just make me smile when I remember what was going on at that time. I am addicted to reading others' blogs so I know that sometimes blog posts can come across as boring, bragging or just not worthy of one's time.  But as a writer of a blog, it serves as a journal...and for this writer, it serves as a memory keeper.  If you are a reader of this blog....I humbly thank you.  If you are a family member...I humbly thank you, too, but also appreciate you for letting me expose you on here. 

Life is not perfect.  This writer's life is far from it.  But I do use a filter when writing and save the dysfunctional family drama for oral conversations with my closest friends and family.  One day, I just may get up the nerve to write about some of that.  But probably not.  My mouth gets me in enough trouble as it is....

Just know that I appreciate you stopping by here. To go to the post just click on the post title under the picture or month.

 January, 2010

February, 2010

March, 2010

April, 2010

May, 2010

June, 2010

July, 2010

August, 2010


September, 2010
Don't Postpone Joy


October, 2010
Twenty Seven

November, 2010

December, 2010







I hope you have a safe celebration when
 bringing in the new year......
and that you see even the hardest days of 2011
 in a positive light.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Julia! I have loved spending time here with you this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have exciting things happen in 2011 so we can benefit from your humorous stories! Really though, hope you have a great year and I have enjoyed your blog so much thanks for sharing your world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fabulous book that can be picked up and put down at any time but always entertains even when serious or sad. Anne LaMott should watch her back. I love you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete