Some random thoughts:
- One of the reasons I hate cats.....is the cat hair on my white Corian kitchen counter. I never see the cats on the counter but they leave their hair. And it disgust me. I just wiped it down with Clorox Cleaner....and I swear there will be more when I go back in there.
- Will called me this morning...and woke me up....to ask me to bring him a clean shirt. He had to dress up as food this morning (Fridays at the Y Summer Camp are apparently themed and messy)....so he was a bowl of ice cream. We cut the bottom out of a plastic bowl last night for him to wear, then this morning he put it over his head.....so that it hung around his neck and get ready.....squirted canned whip cream, chocolate syrup, cherries and cut up bananas over his hair running down his face and into the bowl. Apparently by 10:30, the shirt stunk so bad it was making him nauseous. Yes, he woke me up at 10:30....don't judge.
- The best part about taking Will a clean shirt....after I got frustrated with him for not thinking to pack a clean one...was seeing him at work with all those cute kids. They adore him and he deals with it. They all waved to me and he turned to them and said "On the count of 3, shout your name to my mom......1, 2, 3........" And they did just what he said. I've been very proud of his work ethic this summer. Work ethic is a quality you certainly want your children to have. And after the teen years you wonder if they'll ever be able to hold down a job. I mean, picking up their shoes is incredibly hard and requires all kinds of moaning and complaining.
- My morning routine is to go through the downstairs living area and kitchen and pick up everybody's stuff. One of the joys in my life. So just now, I grabbed shoes, flip-flops, the dogs' frisbee, and a cat toy....and on my way to throw the shoes in the shoe basket, something pinched the heck out of my lower, inner arm. You know the pinch that hurts like heck...and immediately pops up...into a welt and will be a full blown bruise in an hour. What the heck pinched me? Two flips? The plastic frisbee? Who knows. Housework is dangerous.
- Jordan and Chris.....the newlyweds....have a sweet mutt...I mean Boxer/Beagle mix....named Mia. That makes Mia my granddog. So that would make Cameron... Mia's aunt. Aunt Cameron sent Mia a package the other day. It was an A&M dog bed and a Longhorn chew toy....with one of the horns off. Take a trip over here and see the rest of the story.
That's all I've got.