Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ohhhh, you're a sly one Mr. Will

I went up to Will's room on Sunday looking for a book that I wanted my mother to have. I couldn't find it, but I did see the condition of his room, his bathroom and the gameroom. Fortunately for him, I had a graduation party going on downstairs and his graduation ceremony to go to in the next 1/2 hour. I just flushed the vision until I could deal with it. (that's called growth)

For those of you who think I am a little fussy about things being picked up.........this is way beyond that. I'm talking stacks of dishes and bowls of old macaroni & cheese.....well, I think that's what it was.....it was now black.

Oh, and I figured out that he just works out of his laundry baskets even though he has always told me that he puts his clothes away. And while there are hardwoods in his room, it was carpeted with clothes.......some dirty, some clean, some outgrown and not worn in months.

Okay. I know. He's a teenager. And I listen to Chuck when he tells me to just leave their room to them. Don't worry about it. They will clean it up eventually. But I draw the line at black macaroni & cheese.

So he's grounded until his area is "model home" clean. I say "model home" clean because my kids know how to shove stuff in closets and under beds......well, what kid doesn't, really.

So today there is a knock on the door and it's a couple of his friendgirls (a friend that's a girl but not a girlfriend). They are here to help him clean.

Me: Will's grounded.

Him: They're here to help me clean.

Me: NO, you are NOT helping him clean.

Them: We don't mind.

Me: Well, I do. It's not your job.

Him: They want to.

Me: You're going to let them see that mess?

Him: Yeah, they don't care.

Them: We don't care.

Me:.....................shake my head and walk away........my fight's gone.........


I guess it pays to be Will. Jordan and Cameron are shaking their heads right now reading this...

No comments:

Post a Comment