Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What I've been up to....

I've been trying to diet. Oh, I would love to tell you it's not a diet really, it's a lifestyle....but who am I kidding? It's a diet. I am trying to cut out carbs and sugar....and it's no fun. I am relating to the heroin addicts I watch on Intervention. All I can think about is the carbs and sugar I'm not having....and getting very edgy. That was your warning.....Chuck.

So I crafted the last couple of days to stay busy.



I didn't come up with this idea......but I have certainly enjoyed copying it and making several of these in the past. Here are the two I just made.

One is for a wedding gift and one is just to have on hand.

I used a vintage buckle with some scrap fabric running through it on the top of this one.

I love this font.....it's called Galeforce BTN.



On the top of this one I used a vintage-looking lock and old key.

Here are the simple instructions if you want to make one for yourself....
  1. Paint a piece of wood (these are cut 7 x 7....which works great for a 4 x 6 photo), distress with sanding, then wipe clean.
  2. Pre-cut scrapbook paper to 8 x 11. In Word, type up your saying, initial, date, quote....in your favorite font. Center the wording and make sure it is at the bottom of the page. Run your paper through your printer. Cut the paper just a bit smaller than the board so there is a small border all around.
  3. Put a layer of modpodge on the board. Lay the paper on it. (I use a small squeegee to smooth it out and press it on firmly). Put two more coats of modpodge on the entire board.....letting dry between coats.
  4. Glue a magnet clip in the center of the top with E6000 glue.
  5. Take scraps of trim and ribbon and little happies and glue them on the top with a glue gun.



And here it is with a picture.....this is the engagement picture of the couple. Hopefully, they can replace this with something fun from their wedding day.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the tutorial on how to make these adorable photo displays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, clever project! You did a lovely job. :) I love clips, so will have to try this one. Thanks for the "how to".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the diet and regardless of how much weight you lose, you have something crafty to show for it.

    ReplyDelete