Well, well........my daughter Jordan honored my blog with this award today. I didn't even make her.....didn't even know about it until I came home this afternoon. But I am flattered. She was my only reader for a long, long time. So I have to thank her for her long-time support (picture me in a gorgeous gown...not nightgown, but evening gown....behind a microphone up on a stage in a beautiful, old theater....). She was my first child, my first fan, my first reader. (At this point, I am teary-eyed and holding up the computer monitor with the picture above on it.)
She sent me the rules and I have listed them below. But if you read my last post, you know I am looking for some rules to break. So I will begin by breaking the first rule below. I am only going to award 4 blogs. I read lots and lots of blogs and many are deserving of the award but I almost feel like this is very similar to sending on a chain letter or one of those emails that you have to send to 12 friends if you want the phone to ring at 8:23 p.m. with good news. I just don't do those anymore. So I hope the bloggers I award aren't mad at me, but realize I am honoring them. And if I didn't award your blog......well, I just saved you from having to be honest....as you will see.
The rules for this award are...
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. (Broke this one.)
2. Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing then that they were prized with "Honest Scrap", the nifty icon they can display proudly on their blog.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
I am going to award the following blogs......and you would be doing yourself a great favor by stopping by them sometime....and spend a little time scrolling through the archives.
"Honest Scrap" Awarded To The Following Blogs ...
1. The Cottage Nest - Jen is a funny, honest, creative mom and wife......but more importantly a Silver Bella. I sat at the same dinner table with her the first evening of the SB weekend...and we "got" each other immediately. Love her. She has that shabby chic style that I wish I could pull off.
2. Cottage at Dove Canyon - This is one of my favorite new blogs.......she is a frequent commenter on my blog and she will never know how much her comments mean to me. She is the real deal....and lucky enough to live in sunny California....where I would live if husbands and money weren't in the way.
3. Big Mama - I would be more than happy to have this girl living right next door. She is a great writer.......honest, humorous and a TEXAN and an AGGIE. Read her archives....good stuff.
4. Doojies - This is Stephanie. My childhood friend Stephanie. The artist. If you hang around her too long, you will probably get arrested for something.....but you will be safe reading her blog. She is the first person I KNEW who blogged. I had read blogs before hers....but I didn't know those people. I knew her....since second grade.
Okay.......now for the honest list....(this is making me a little nervous....)
Honest Stuff About Me
1. I am an interrupter....but I truly know it and try to work on it.
2. I can spend hours walking up and down the aisles of stores. Looking for nothing....just looking. TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, Target, Walmart...some of my faves.
3. I am not a lazy person, but I require alot of sleep.
4. I had my heart broken at the age of 20 and it changed me.
5. I am not very trusting (refer to #4).
6. I smoked for 3 years. This was the early 80's and all of my friends and co-workers smoked. I worked in a smoky, hazy office and spent alot of time in smoky, hazy bars....so really it wasn't that much different than putting the cigarette in my mouth. When I started dating Chuck, I quit because he was an obnoxious non-smoker. I am not proud of this old habit. And it would really bother me if my children smoked.
7. I regret not finishing college. I try very hard to not spend alot of time thinking about regrets....but this one creeps in often. Probably because I am a Type A Over Achiever and this is so under achieving. Life happened instead.
8. My passion is interior design, but I didn't have the patience for dealing with the clients....not all of them, but the ones that were tough, ruined it for me. I am not good at "biting my tongue"....and I had to do that alot.
9. I am most proud of the time in our marriage that Chuck and I got down to one car so that we could pay off bills and save money.....in preparation for me leaving my job where I was making 33,000 a year and the arrival of our second child. I don't think our families know how hard that time was for us.
10. I cannot tell you the other stuff. My family reads this blog.... Okay, I'll tell you this....I am fiercely independent. And sometimes it gets in the way.