Friday, February 18, 2011

I smell Play-Doh... it must be Friday

On Friday mornings, the kindergartners get to play with Play-Doh after they come in and finish their very important morning jobs....unpack, sign in and move their lunch clip. 

 So the smell of Play-Doh is in the air and it means the weekend is just hours away.  Ahhhhh.

Shortly after the morning announcements and the pledges to the flags of the United States and Texas, one of the teachers came to show me what one of the students had made with Play-Doh this morning.  The teacher was grinning and the student was beaming with pride. 
 This blog post fell in my lap. 




Me:  What is it?

Girl:  It's Baby Jesus on his birthday cake.




 Me:  What is that?  (And you know what I'm referring to....)

Girl:  That's his birthday candle.

Me:  (nodding my head to the girl while pulling my mind back out of the gutter...)




Then pointing to the things up by Baby Jesus' head, I asked......

Me:  And what are these?

Girl:  Tacos.

(duh)


Who knew Baby Jesus ate tacos?
More like slept on a bed of tacos.


Honestly, I am still studying this picture and trying to see a birthday candle when I look at it.

************

And while I have you here, may I be the first to wish you a



Happy Presidents' Day!
February 21, 2011





The 2011 Edition.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing. I really miss kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be scarred for life now Julia. I will never look at a birthday candle the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How DO you keep it together during these times? Paul says, "That's a pretty good birthday candle.", as in "Would you like to blow out...?". Sorry, that's us.

    ReplyDelete