Sunday, November 2, 2008

Carrie Underwood in Concert

Chuck and I were the guests of one his vendors last night for dinner and a concert. There were 4 couples and dinner at Buca di Beppo was fun. Lots of good conversation and food. Just a little rushed because we had to get to the concert.

Then on to the Reliant Arena for Little Big Town opening for Carrie Underwood. These pictures aren't great but you get the gist of just how great our seats were. This was a small venue with 2 stages and a runway connecting them. We were on the floor by the runway. Both bands made it down the runway several times. It was probably the best seats I've ever had at a concert. And though I know nothing about sound ....it was the best sounding concert I've ever been to. Meaning I could really hear them and it sounded as good as a CD....only way louder.





Carrie Underwood was wonderful.....and so dang cute. The audience was full of families and lots and lots of little girls. Singing the words to every song. Definitely she has given those little girls some big dreams.



The surprise for me was just how much I like Little Big Town. Great music...lots of harmony and a big sound. They sing "Boondocks" and "With the Band", but until last night I wouldn't have known that's who it was. Check them out.



One of the last concerts I went to was "Chicago" back in the early 90's. The guy behind me was wasted and puked and it splattered. Uh....yea. No thank you.
After that, the only concert I would go to was to see Dan Fogelberg..but he always played in small venues and the crowd was usually very mellow. And now that he's gone, I haven't been interested in concerts at all. Of course, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has featured artists but from your seat they look like a flea and the sound is horrible.

But after last night, I just may be going to concerts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment