Sunday, November 16, 2008

Slumber Party Hangover....


I arrived back safely from the funnest 4 days in Omaha, Nebraska. I have a major
sLumBer PaRtY HaNgOvEr...you know the feeling...little to no sleep, overeating, non-stop talking and laughing and just generally pushing yourself past the limit. Exhausted doesn't quite explain how I feel. But, oh so worth it. I am going to post lots of pictures later, but for now here's one of me and my favorite artist...Mary Engelbreit.




Right before the picture was taken, I asked her if she hated having her picture taken. She said, "Well, I don't hate it but I take an awful picture." I had 15 seconds with her and then stood up to walk away. I told her to have a "blessed life" then proceeded to trip on the strap of my purse that was laying on the floor and stumbled in the small area behind the table...she let out a little giggle.


And another favorite of mine......Frank Bielic.






He was on our flight out to Omaha on Thursday.....going to do a makeover of some kind in the area. We saw him again today but he left out on an earlier flight. I have "known" Frank for about 15 years....I discovered him at the Country Peddler craft shows...but Karen is a good friend of his. She and I took a doll making class that he taught years ago. He is now a featured designer on TLC's Trading Spaces. Besides being one of the most creative artists, he is a very quick witted, kind-hearted soul. Very delightful.




(and just in case he's the real Santa...I made sure I was nice)

Much more to say.......no energy to say it. So come back later for the rest of the story.

2 comments:

  1. Julia-
    It was such a pleasure to meet you! I already miss your laughter and wit. I so hope you will be back for more next year as I look forward to seeing you again. Until then, I'm adding you to my blogroll so I can keep up with you.

    Now remove that horrible picture of us at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been fun seeing all of your Silver Bella photos and reliving the fun memories of last weekend! Frank was sitting out front of the Omaha airport when I arrived on thursday and he asked if I was one of those "Silver Bells" too. I wasn't sure if it was Frank or not so I didn't say anything, I'm totally wishing that I would've now!

    ReplyDelete