Monday, September 3, 2007

Lectures are wasted on the young....

I went to lunch with my Cypress/Paris friend today. She lives in Cypress, TX...but spent the last 4 years in Paris because of her husband's job. She has just returned to live here and we are playing catch-up.

I was sharing my story of "herding cats" with her and she told me a very funny story about her oldest son when he was 5. He had gotten in some kind of trouble and she got down in his face and began to lecture. She said he was really looking at her face and appeared to be really listening. So she went on and on with the lecture. Still, he stared at her intently. Finally, she asked him if he had any questions. He said, "Yes, I do." She's thinking, "wow, he even has a question....he's really into this."

The mom, "Okay, what's your question?"

The kid, "Do you ever wonder what you would look like if you were bald?"

2 comments:

  1. that sounds like a kid who when you took her up to her room to spank her she turned around and said, "Didn't hurt."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder who THAT was? I can attest that, at least with boys, they never really get over that stage. The adult men's version is something like, "Is one of your boobs lower than the other?", "No but the kitchen IS on fire.".

    ReplyDelete