Sunday, September 16, 2007

Stand still and I'll decoupage you.....





Per one of my favorite people's request, I am posting pictures of a bowl I decoupaged. I get on ModPodge kicks and look around the house for things to decoupage. I've even considered pasting pictures of Brad Pitt onto my husband's face. But then he would want to decoupage Angelina's face to mine.

This bowl was purchased to decoupage. The inspiration came from a large "coffee table" bowl I saw in a furniture store. The bowl was gorgeous and simple. And very, very pricey (I am not kidding.....$300.00). So I found a bowl not too long after that and voila! I have a gorgeous, simple and not pricey bowl($15.00 for the bowl and 1.00 for the paper). I am still on the hunt for a less expensive bowl so I can do more. The thing I liked about this bowl is the little lip around the bottom....which I glued some black & white ribbon on. The bowl should be a shallow bowl I think. At least that was the style of the $300 bowl in the furniture store.

So grab your purse, head out to Big Lots or Walmart.....look for a bowl and get gluing. And with the $280.00 you save,get yourself some new shoes!

1 comment:

  1. Hold on to your girdle, John Derian!!! Too beautiful! Okay, quit your job, start making these in bulk, open a webstore and I'll buy 50.

    ReplyDelete