Sunday, September 23, 2007

God is all around us....


You are not going to believe this but I assure you it really happened.

Today I slept late, got up and had a cup of coffee. I decided to head over to Michael's and Marshall's for a little outing. Before I left, I swallowed my morning pills.....for high blood pressure, thyroid and hormones. On an empty stomach.....
By the time I got in Michael's and started walking around, I started feeling funny. Sweaty, clammy, whoozy, fuzzy, light-headed.....sort of like I use to feel when I would experience a little low blood sugar. I actually thought I should tell someone in case I fainted. But instead, I decided to go ahead and check out...even though I wasn't really through shopping. As I was heading to the check-out, I actually felt like I might faint. Like I think it must feel like. I thought I just needed something in my stomach like sugar. So I picked up some Reese's candy and checked out. I went to the car and ate several pieces of candy and already started feeling a little better. I decided it was just a reaction to taking my meds on an empty stomache.

I headed to Marshall's and by the time I got inside, the weird feeling was back. I was getting a basket (the thought of not shopping never entered my mind....I was "willing" the weird feeling away) and I looked up and saw my good friend, MaryAnn. I spoke to her and she came up to me. I told her I was feeling strange....she said I was clammy and pale. So we went back to the Home Decor area and I sat on a chair while she went out and got a water bottle from her car. In 15 minutes, the feeling passed and I was okay again. I thanked her for being my angel. And she laughed about saving my life. As we were leaving the area where we had been, she noticed a very cute note pad. She lifted the cover and someone had written on the first page in pencil.....


God is good. God is all around us.


See? I told you you wouldn't believe it. MaryAnn was my angel today. Thank you God for sending her to Marshall's. I love the way you work!

2 comments:

  1. Great story, beautifully told. You are right, of course, that we should be focusing on these details in life. Thank you for sharing, lots of love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,
    I LOVE your comments. Thank you for sharing your story. It's a wonderful reminder of how He truly is with us all the time, if we just stop to recognize it. His love is amazing!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete