Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Laugh To Keep From Crying

My friend is still very ill.  Some numbers go up, some go down.  This will be how it is for a very long time. 

I keep hearing her say, "I can't believe you let everyone look at me like that."  For this friend is very vain. 

My heart is breaking for her.  My guard is up.  I am braced for the worst, yet really do want the best.  The outcome is, of course, not in any of our control.  So we are all spending the days speculating just what that outcome will be.  She is spending the days trying to heal.






As thy day, so shall thy strength be.



Jordan sent the following youtube to me and it made me laugh out loud.  I was thankful for that laughter.  I needed it.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend. I can't imagine all the emotions you must be feeling, but I'm praying that Christ's peace would rule in your heart and that you would know that His grace will be sufficient for you this day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing with tears over the the little ballerina. I think I may have to put that on my blog, too. Your friend is on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia,
    I'm so, so sorry. I know what you mean about not being sure what to pray for. When my Daddy was in the hospital after several strokes and in a coma, we prayed for the end. If felt right and wrong all at the same time. Love and hugs to you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete