Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Small World

Last night was The Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, 2010. I had more connections to this college bowl game than ever before....making this big, old world seem a little smaller.



Tostitos Fiesta Bowl - My daughter works as an event planner for that organization.
Boise State - My cousin's son Chad goes to college there.
TCU - My friend, Kerri, graduated from there. She has a horned frog on her desk.
Tostitos - I love them!
I had to watch the game because there was a 1 in a million chance that I might see Jordan. And I was torn between who to pull for because..... I didn't care....I had connections to both teams. So I just tried to keep my eye on the ball and stay in the room. I was able to do neither.
Boise State won and I was so happy for Chad....my cousin Camille's precious son...who had traveled to Phoenix to support his team. But I know my friend Kerri is grieving today. So I will not say another word about Boise State's win. I will say TCU gave them a run for their money.
Here's a little something you may not know about me. I am not athletic. Haha...okay you knew that. I am not competitive....well, not about sports or playing board games. I just want to be at the top of every other ladder. So watching sports is not so fun for me. I immediately begin worrying about the losing team. And someone is always losing. And watching those bodies slam into each other....I cringe at the knees.
Here's hoping your team always wins. I will worry about the losers.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I can not understand why on earth grown guys want to be thrown down, knocked down and piled up upon? It hurts me to watch so I don't. But I am weird coz I like to watch grown men drive around a boring track just waiting for the big crash. Go figure. Have a great week. Waiting for those gems from your kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would have a banner that my girl did all this!!! I'm so impressed. And now getting married, wow!

    ReplyDelete