Sunday, January 4, 2009

In 2009....

I will remember: to stay in the present moment.
One place I will go: to Phoenix to see Jordan.
One physical habit I will break: eating to the point of stuffed.
One physical habit I will cultivate: to walk on my treadmill.
One mental habit I will break: the tendancy to obsess over small things.
One mental habit I will cultivate: staying in the present moment.
One relationship I will repair: with my mother.
One home repair I'll finally get around to: the hole in my bathroom ceiling from a leak 6 months ago...I will make a phone call to a repairman not actually do the repair myself.
One work habit I will change: stick to my schedule.
One thing I'll throw out: the excess shoes I never wear.
One thing I'll eat more often is: vegetables.
One thing I'll eat less of: the "white" stuff......bread, potatoes, pasta, rice and sugar.
One thing I'll drink more of: water. (if I can figure out how to get to the bathroom during the day.)
One thing I'll drink less of: the second cup of coffee.
One overdue email I'll send or overdue phone call I'll make: to my cousin Barbara.
One person I'll treat more respectfully: Chuck.
One thing I'll spend less money on: I'll get back to you on this one.
One change I'll make in my finances: stop carrying my credit card.
One thing I'll spend less time doing: looking at blogs for endless hours (maybe).
Something I'll spend more time doing: attending church and getting more involved there.
One resolution I've made before but will honor this time: no resolutions this year at all because I cannot seem to honor them.
I gained: new friends this year through Silver Bella.
I lost: 12 pounds (all in the chest area).
I stopped: spending time with those who are negative....as much as possible.
I started: attending church more regularly.
I was hugely satisfied with: the Silver Bella experience.
I was frustrated by: losing a favorite kindergarten teacher on our team.
I am embarrassed that: I haven't gotten in better shape.
Once again, I did: remain committed to my husband, family and job.
Once again, I did not: lose more weight (seeing a pattern here?)
The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is: a small weight loss and haircolor.
The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is: I am more content.
I love spending time: reading a good book or listening to music while doing a little art.
I should have spent more time: with my mother.
I regret buying: too many People and Us magazines.
I will never regret buying: my children's college tuition.
I _________way too much: talked.
I didn't __________enough: exercise
My __________ drove me crazy: "parts" of my daily schedule at work...(if you work with me, you know which hour of my day I'm talking about.)
The most relaxing place I went was: Sedona, AZ
Why did I go: moved our daughter to Phoenix and took a trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona while in Arizona.
The best thing I did for someone else was: listen to their heartache.
The best thing I did for myself was: go to church.
The best thing someone did for me was: travel with me to Silver Bella, buy me the cutest bag and apron for the trip and give me their frequent flier miles.


I took this from Jordan's blog and filled in my own blanks. Now your turn.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Julia,
    Got to catch up on your blog and I also added you to my blogroll. Your writing is so funny and honest - I don't think I will ever walk into a TX Maxx without thinking "Why do babies hate TJ Maxx?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up, read your own blog and see how stinking perfect and blessed you are! Okay, I guess we should clean up our acts a little so we can do this for many more years. But, seriously, you do have a pretty wonderful life. I'm so blessed to be part of it and thank you for letting us all be part of it on a daily basis through this blog. All my love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete