Thursday, April 19, 2007

Help someone....

I really had a good day. And amidst all the bad news going on, I feel somewhat guilty about it. But also, I feel like we should all be taking each day in slow motion and holding on to every little thing that is happening. So lots of great little things happened today and I enjoyed this day so much.

My teacher friend was out all week last week with strep and tonsilitis. I had to kick into high gear and help the subs with lesson plans and crowd control. This week she is back and insisted on buying me lunch (chopped beef sandwich, potato salad and unsweet tea...yum) to show me her appreciation. She even bought a hanging plant for my patio.


They say to really feel happy, you should help someone. So helping her last week felt good...something I could do for her. And now I just feel very, very happy.

I hope my children got this lesson growing up. I hope all children get this lesson. Help someone. Pay it forward. Then feel that good feeling.... happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment