Monday, March 12, 2012

A New Baby

I have some very good friends in my life that are young enough to be my children.  One in particular, is the manager at my new job.  She is a beautiful, kind and smart 24 year old.  She is pregnant with her first child and it has been fun watching her grow these last few months.

She has allowed all of the mother hens at the store to rub her growing belly and look at pictures of her nursery as it was coming along.  The walls were painted, the bedding was purchased, the crib was delivered, accessories and curtains were gathered. 

She continued to look for some art for the room and couldn't find just what she wanted.  Something shabby chic, maybe cherry blossoms?  Maybe birds?  Her bedding was a khaki color linen with white details...and the walls a soft, soft pink with white bead board. While frustrated one day (and a few hormonal tears on the edge of her sweet brown eyes), I offered to paint her something....she said "please!"....I painted something. 




The quote is from the 1905 hymn, "His Eye Is On The Sparrow"








I decided to make the edges a little whimsical...
and to pull in the brown of the bedding with the pinks in the room.




Why should I feel discouraged,why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely,and long for heav'n and home,
When Jesus is my portion?My constant Friend is He:

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Refrain:  I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free,
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

"Let not your heart be troubled, " His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

~Civilla D. Martin, 1905~
Gospel Hymn





She sent this picture of the nursery to me from her cell phone ....the picture isn't hung yet, but it seems to work.   I hope she knows that if she ever tires of it, she can use it for firewood. A lot of love went in to this for that sweet baby girl that's on her way.  I haven't painted in forever and it was nice to have something to paint.  Especially for someone so special to me....and her baby girl.


In fact, that baby girl is being born today. 

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented Julia! I'm in awe. I'm not certain I could manage to paint a circle. I'm sure she and her daughter will cherish for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and Yes you are so talented you have many gifts. Thanks again for sharing so happy our paths in this life have crossed. Blessings Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I didn't know you could paint that well! What a gift! (you have ... and you gave..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!!!! I knew you were talented all over the place but I guess I didn't realize just how great you could paint like that! So obviously from your beautiful heart; it's fabulous on every level. Where is your Etsy store????

    ReplyDelete