Sunday, November 7, 2010

Animals and Dust

The weeks are flying by.  I'm too pooped to do much on the weeknights, but I have a few things I want to post about.  Nothing too important.....just mainly putting them on here for me (my memory).

Maggie  The sweet, somewhat low IQ, loving shihtzhu-poo has had a place above her eye for a while now.  It sort of looks like a wart. The last time she went to the vet for a check-up in August, the vet said it was nothing to worry about unless it began to grow or bleed. 

About 3 weeks ago, I looked down and it was bleeding.  Upon closer look, it had grown.  Just a little. Then it continued to bleed and grow.  So the afternoon before we left for Scottsdale last week, we took her back to the vet. 

Sorry, if you're eating while reading this.


The vet seemed very concerned, said it wasn't a wart, and took a needle biopsy.  She threw out a few 3 and 4 syllable words that are types of growths and skin cancer and said it would need to come off and the surgery would be at least $1000 (beginning point) because of the intricacy of it  being removed so close to her eyelid. Oh...and less..around $700 (beginning point)... if we had her teeth cleaned while she was under.  Huh?
Our precious dog may have cancer and you will give us a discount if we let you clean her teeth?

We would get the results on Friday.......while we were in Scottsdale.  The total for the visit $133.00.  Ouch. 

The results were negative for cancer but the vet said it still needs to come off.  Again....minimum $1000 ...and a little less if you get her teeth cleaned.  Got it. 

That is funny to me.  Not the part about Maggie...that is sad.  The part about it being less if we get her teeth cleaned.  Does that make sense to anybody out there? 

Like a doctor would say:  You need open heart surgery.  It will cost $65,000.00 But if you let us clean your teeth, it will only be $64,700.00....what'dya say?  Let us clean your teeth? 

Now that we know it's not cancer we are probably going to put off having that surgery.  And teeth cleaned?  We'll think about it.  I will say that's the least of my concerns.  I'm doing good to get all of us to the dentist twice a year for our own cleaning.  And we like our dogs' tartered teeth. 

Chuck's pondering the teeth cleaning option.


HOLIDAYS Yesterday, I took down the Halloween and got out the Thanksgiving.  It forced me to dust and Windex and vacuum around here.  The whole time I'm taking down and setting up, I'm wondering if this is for me or them.  Old habits die hard.

And as I look at these decorations, I realize in less than 3 weeks, I will be putting these up and getting out the Christmas.  Which means I will dust again in 3 weeks. ha.







Thankful I have a home to dust.

Addiction Our Internet has been extremely slow the last few days and I have realized how addicted to this computer I've gotten.  I will sit here and wait forever for it to pull up a sight and then realize how long I've waited. Yesterday morning it was down.  Nada. Zip. Not just slow...NOTHING. I never thought I would be addicted to a computer, but if it goes down and you can't think of anything else to do, I think that's addiction. 

HULU   My kids told me about this site and I love it.  You can watch any television show one day after it aired..........with just a small commercial at the beginning and somewhere in the middle.  I've been catching up on The Office and SNL and Raising Hope.  I even watched the Leanne Rimes interview.  If you haven't watched Raising Hope...watch the pilot on hulu.

Will  He called one afternoon and said he had met Miranda Lambert.  MET her?  Well, she walked past him and his friend.  And in this family that counts as a "claim to fame." 

She was in Nacagdoches for a concert and he and his friend decided to check out the auditorium where she was playing in hopes of catching a peek at her.  Stalking.  The security asked them what they were doing.......they played dumb.....something, something about Miranda Lambert......he told them she would be coming out, to hang out by this certain door and that is how he saw her.  Stalking.   




Cameron This child got a letter of "intent to hire" from the company she has been interning with the last two years.  That means she has a job upon graduation in May.  This is great news....for her...and for us.  We couldn't be prouder.  She will be in their Houston office.  Since she's been working for this company they have changed policy about new hires.  They now have to do a 3 month training on an off shore drilling rig.  With a practice drill for escaping a helicopter.  We will not focus on this.  We will focus on finding her a cute place to live.

If anybody can do it, she can.  That girl has put her stubborn genetics to good use. 


Oliver Cameron's cat.  That is really more like a dog.  He's staying with us again because her semester is crazy and she's never home.  He has taken over the dog bed and the dog food.  The dogs let him rule.  


Serious contortion.



He sits in front of it as the dogs look on timidly.



Dixie  Still dropping her ball in the spa and having to go in to retrieve it, 'cause we don't play that game.

Nudge, nudge.

Uh, oh.

Going in for it.


To the left.


To the right.

Life at our house...lots of animals and dust...thankfully a little dull.


******************

Saw the movie Due Date this afternoon.  I laughed, so it was worth the money for me.  I believe I could stare at Robert Downey, Jr. if all he did was stand still.  Beware of some raunchy humor.  If you liked The Hangover, you'll like this one.  Zach Galifianakis' character is very similar to the one he played in Hangover...somewhat of a quirky, dumb loser that's likable.  Robert Downey, Jr.'s character is a rich architect with anger issues but he's working on them.  These two strangers get thrown together and have to make it across the country, from Atlanta to L.A., before the due date of Robert's character's baby's birth.  Got that?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a stalker. I'm a professional fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Will! Still can't believe your kids read your blog, so impressed. Or is it paranoia? I love your holiday vinettes. I barely do Christmas...tree and around the stair posts. This year I have a plan but not any bigger than usual. You are so good about that and I'm sure your kids will forever appreciate it. I would not worry about Maggie. I have been thinking about doing a post about our dog, Chloe. We got Chloe from the SPCA 10 years ago when she was 7. Do the math. Now this math: A train leaves Chicago going 35 mph...ooops, that's another one. 12 diapers for $20 X at least one at night and often one during the day when we are going to be gone for a while. Deaf, deaficates and pees whenever, whenever, mostly right after she's come in from outside. Anyway, to shorten, for now, she's had things on her like Maggie's for years. She even has a continuous tumor (hope your not eating)coming out her butt for 6years that the vet said needed to be removed for some rediculous price. AND SHE'S STILL GOING. To the light is where we encourage her to go but, I swear, it's out of spite she's still with us. Bless her heart; if I thought she was in pain-poof. She doesn't look exstatic but she doesn't moan or cry or wince. Believe me, once, and poof. I shan't highjack your blog here; I need to do my own and get a concensis. Paul is all "life at any cost or pain" and I'm "give me a really good pill and shoot me at first symptom". Needless to say I'm not his medical power of attorney. The vet and others have asked about the humans' quality of life but I know I'd feel guilty and Paul would look at Matt and I that way forever. $2500 for the last day of his cat's life, knowing she was on her way to see Jesus. Free to a home...

    ReplyDelete