Saturday, January 29, 2011

Emotions

Last night we attended a bowling party.  Bowling is really fun for me, really.  So fun....because a) I don't know how to bowl and b) I don't want to know how to bowl.  I couldn't be more spastic at bowling and that's what makes it fun. I can't imagine what I must look like as I approach the line at the lane and throw the bowling ball like a baseball.

But I'm extremely good at talking and that's what I mostly did.  Needless to say, I woke up with a sore throat from yelling over the jukebox in that smoky haze.

There is something sleezy about a bowling alley and while I wouldn't want to make a habit  of hanging out there...it is pretty exciting now and then to see that "other world" that's just down the road.  Did you know families were still coming in with their toddlers and babies at 9:30 pm?  Barefooted toddlers on that carpet?  The carpet in a bowling alley is always a pattern of multi-colored swirls to hide the......we don't need to know.  You sure can't say those parents are Type A about germs, can you?

Anyway, I actually got about 4 strikes in 2 games of bowling...and that number times three in gutter balls.  Chuck scored in the 170's both times and felt very good about himself.






The most fun part of last night was playing a camera game.  You yell out an emotion right before taking the picture and this is what you get......





SCARED!








POUTING!









One of those didn't hear
 the POUTING shout out...
so she got another turn.




MAD!







FRIDAY at 4:00!
(After the school buses drive away...)





Small Disclaimer:
  • These people may or may not be people I work with in kindergarten. 
  • There may or may not have been jello shots involved at some point in the evening.
  • I will probably get in trouble for posting these pictures. 
  • Trouble's not so bad when you had fun doing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment