Saturday, March 31, 2007

Not funny

Jordan came in last night. She drove to Dallas today for the memorial service for her friend Casey's mother. Casey was Jordan's suite mate her freshman year and has remained a close friend since. She is getting married in November and Jordan will be a bridesmaid. Casey's mother died suddenly and unexpectedly about 2 weeks ago.

So this has been a week of funerals. One, the death of a 2 year old who died in a freak, tragic accident. The other, the death of a woman in her late 50's who just dropped dead on her patio. And, needless to say, I am feeling down.

When I started this blog, I envisioned that it would be funny. My smart-ass take on life, marriage, kids and work. But, I am not feeling funny right now. I know it will come back to me. Now, though, I just feel sad. Sad for these families.

No comments:

Post a Comment