Friday, July 15, 2011

Over and Back

Thursday, July 7, 2011

We checked out of the beach rental by 11:00....only 24 hours late.  If you've been reading the last few posts, you will remember that all year we thought we had the house through Thursday but found out we should have been out on Wednesday.  I'm laughing about that now... a week later.

We cleaned the place, packed all of our stuff, loaded the car and went to The Broken Egg for breakfast with our friends before heading west on I-10.  It was hard to leave that place, those people, that feeling.

Once again, we stopped over in New Orleans for the evening to break the trip in half. But this time we had Jordan and Chris with us. We ate dinner on the Riverwalk then toured the French Quarter again. We ended up at Howl at the Moon on Bourbon Street and enjoyed the dueling piano for awhile. 





 







Friday, July 8, 2011














Friday morning, while waiting for the car to be brought to us by the hotel valet service, I took off walking. We were only about 10 blocks from Cafe du Monde....so I headed that way. The others packed the car and drove over. While they ate the beignets and drank the strong coffee, I went in and out of some of the shops. Fortunately for me, there were some left-over beignets brought to the car for the ride home.








Thanks Chuck.



Once home, we unpacked the car then turned around and headed to Cameron's new place for Jordan and Chris to see....then dinner at Cadillac Bar...a mere 5 minutes from Cameron's...for some good Mexican food.


Vacation 2011 Over.



It was good to be home. 



Sort of.



I definitely felt the blues the last few days after coming home from paradise.



But I have something really great to look forward to....I'll tell you about it soon.

6 comments:

  1. I sure have enjoyed the beach this summer via your pictures. I was born just down the road in Panama City but left before I was 2 and haven't been back since 1976.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxious to hear your good news..... I have two theories but don't want to go public here! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you pregnant????????????!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the baby! Oops...I hope that was ok to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend Debbie sounds awesome...and shes super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE looking at your vacation pictures!! You look relaxed.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete