Monday, February 11, 2013

Town & Country



Last fall, my sister and her husband purchased some property out in the country.  But between Christmas and January happening, we haven't had a chance to visit the place yet.  This place has a nice house on it and is slowly being furnished...meaning a beds to sleep in.  We made it happen this weekend and it's a place we'll return to often.  I consider myself a city girl, but I believe everyone has some "country" in their soul.



The best part about being out in the country is the absence of noise.  The second best part, is you expect dirt, dust, mud, spider webs, peeling paint and rust.  All that looks right in the country, but if at home, it rears its ugly head to be cleaned and repaired.  (Okay, maybe that's just me and how my brain works.)

There's just an inner sense to be calm and let it go.  No need to look at a clock.  No where else to be.















The clearing of the land has already begun.


Cedar.



We saw lots of Cardinals stopping for a bite to eat.




(Chuck, you need boots and cammo overalls.)

While the men mended fences, my sister and I did some cleaning in the house
 and sweeping of the porch and even some loving on the dogs.



The property came with two sweet dogs.  A handyman down the road stops by to feed them everyday.  No, I didn't bring this one home....but I think Harry may be the long lost cousin.
At first glance, I felt sad for them, but later realized they have the best life ever.  They are fed daily and have a nice big farm to run and play in all day.



Evidence of human activity on what is otherwise a place that seems to have stood still in time.



This is Texas...where we're mighty proud of our state and our flag.



This dusty tractor was taken out for a spin late in the afternoon. 
Two men turned in to two happy boys playing with a toy.



Sadly, we had to return to the big H town.
I am so happy for my brother-in-law and sister. 
Is next week too soon to come back?

3 comments:

  1. I bet Daddy was completely in his element... and will soon be suggesting y'all buy property nearby. You might have to become a country girl soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds dreamy to me! We are going to be in the market for some land in the near future so we can go live our country dreams during weekends. This just has me that much more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see the house!!! I know y'all are gonna make it great. Good for Catha and Kim!!!!!

    ReplyDelete