Monday, February 25, 2013

Ready and Waiting



The baby is due March 11.  The mama is ready.  The grandparents are ready.  The doctor says things are beginning to happen and it could be as early as the 38th week....which is this week.  So we're all ready and ............waiting.......waiting......waiting.  I am trying not to think about it too much, but oh, my, goodness...it's my grandbaby!  And my own baby!  But waiting is all I can do.



 
Speaking of babies, this is the baby elephant I painted for the baby's room.
I cannot show you the nursery as it's not been revealed by the mama yet. 



I had lunch with two very good friends and was surprised at the end of the lunch, when they stepped away to get dessert...so I thought...and came back in the room bearing baby shower gifts.  I was truly surprised...although the above picture was a reenactment. 


 
Thank you sweet friends Patti and Rebecca. 
 
They are already grandmothers to children that don't live near
 so they knew just what I would need.


A Pack 'N Play!  And they gave me a booster chair/high chair, an audio monitor, receiving blankets, a hooded towel and washrags and a healthcare and grooming kit. I am ready to bathe the baby, groom the baby, swaddle the baby and put it down for a nap with the monitor on so I can run to it the second it makes a peep!  I just need the baby.


 
The last time I saw the mama was in January at her baby shower. 
 
The next time I see her, I will most likely be grabbing a baby from her. 
Prayers welcome for a safe and healthy delivery. 
I've been told I am in for a real treat, a deep love, a joy like no other. 
Come out and play baby....we can't wait to meet you.

8 comments:

  1. I will pray for your sweet "babies!" But I know everything will be just fine. I am so happy for you. I promise you, after you see this little bundle, you will want to sell your house and move next door to your daughter. And yes, you are in for a real treat. SO, so happy for you. You are going to be an awesome "granny!" p.s. I didn't know you were such a great painter!!

    Linda CCCCCCCCCCCCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so exciting and fabulous to see this next stage of life. Thanks for taking us with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be such joy! It's all true! My granddaughter is the most precious thing there ever was! You are going to love this whole thing! And, yes, your painting is soooooo awesome. You always downplay it.... the houses you painted were great...... but now you are painting elephants! You need to paint all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! How thoughtful of your friends! And I love the painting you did for baby Whitlach's room. All three of you girls are so gifted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! So close! Em's birthday is March 5th so obviously I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that date. I always say I was my parents favorite. Until Maddie was born. Then they completely forgot about me. I didn't even mind though.

    Your painting! Wow. And you're all casual about it. Yeah, just whipped this elephant painting...as if everybody can just paint an elephant. Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I am so excited and I know how patient you are! Lots of love and prayers being sent to everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for all of you as you enter this new stage of life. It really is the best! Prayers for your daughter and the new baby. If things get tough just remind her that how that baby arrives is not as important as a healthy baby and mama! Both my girls ended up with c-sections but all were safe and healthy. Can hardly wait to see pictures. Rena

    ReplyDelete