Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another night at the rodeo....

We were fortunate/unfortunate enough to get a second invitation to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I say fortunate because we received an invitation twice in one year and both were great musical guests...Tim McGraw and Rascal Flatts. I say unfortunate because no matter what you do, you aren't getting home until after midnight. As I was standing in the long line to get on the Metro back to our Park and Ride, I thought about how old I am getting. There was a time that I hung around places 'til the lights went back on...long after "the last call." And then go out to breakfast before heading home for a long 2 hours of sleep before the alarm rang. But now, if I am asked to stay up late on a school night (past 9:00 pm), it hurts really bad the next day. So bad that I can't think of anything really worth it. Anyway, we went, we saw, we ate, we watched, we sang along, then we walked forever to get back to the bus. For those of you who haven't been to a rodeo lately, this is what a rodeo looks like in 2008.....in a very large sports arena.



The Birthing Center at the Livestock Show was my favorite. No matter how bad your day may have been, you can't stay in a bad mood when you see a site like this. Either you smile because it's so sweet, or you smile because it's not you being sucked on by a dozen hungry babies.



There's one looking for food in all the wrong places.....



And my last bit of rodeo news. I think I have had my very last funnel cake. We shared one again on Tuesday night.....and I have finally been grossed out by too much grease and powdered sugar. When I would bite into it, the grease was like liquid. I kept taking another bite thinking it would get better...but, nope.
I never thought it would happen, but I am actually over funnel cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment